Friday, August 11, 2006

The Magick Heads


The Magick Heads were (are?) a side project of Bats frontman Robert Scott. I guess the best way to describe them would be a cross between the the Kiwi pop of The Bats and the British folk-rock of Fairport Convention. Lead singer Jane Sinnott even sounds a little like Sandy Denny. Their first two albums, Before We Go Under and Woody seem to have fallen out-of-print. I missed their 2000 release, Transvection, but I'm willing to bet that it's excellent as well--from The Clean, to The Bats, to The Magick Heads, I don't think Bob Scott is capable of being involved with anything less than fantastic. The title track of Before We Go Under was written for Barbara Manning and released on a Teenbeat 7". It's the best thing she ever did, and I'll probably post her version later. Until then enjoy "Standing On the Edge" from the first Magick Heads album.

1 comment:

L said...

Thanks. I LOVE the bats but did not know about this side project of Robert Scott's.