Monday, January 01, 2007

I'm Back + New Year's Changes + Sally Timms

Happy New Year. I'm back and considering switching file hosting services. The free service I've been using has been down for the last few days, so I'm taking this as an opportunity to try something new. I've signed up for a .Mac account, which is something I've contemplated for a while anyway because it allows me to sync calendar and address book information between my work and home computers. Hopefully their file hosting is a little more reliable than what I have been using (you get what you pay for I guess). For you this should mean faster and more reliable downloads, and no more right clicking. Let me know how it works for you so I can decide if I want to pony up for the service.

To get the New Year started I wanted to offer Sally Timms' cover of John Cale's "Half Past France." Timms is best known as a member of The Mekons (more from them some other time). This track comes from her 1995 solo album, To The Land of Milk and Honey. Anyone can cover The Velvet Underground (even Weezer apparently), but it takes real taste to cover a track from Paris 1919.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Happy New Year!