Tuesday, May 29, 2007

Love - The Blue Thumb Recordings

For you Love fanatics with more money than sense, Hip-O Select has released a 3 CD box, Love: The Blue Thumb Recordings (mine is on order). The box includes Out Here and False Start, the two studio albums Arthur Lee and Love recorded for Blue Thumb records, plus a live disc that contains a previously unreleased 1970 UK live gig. Word on the street is that Bill Levenson and Suha Gur did a great remastering job.

This is my first order from Hip-O Select, a division of Universal Music Group that suspiciously resembles Warner Music Group's Rhino Handmade. I'll let you know what I think of the sound quality and packaging when I get my copy. I also ordered the "lost" Funkadelic album, By Way Of The Drum, since I'm paying for shipping already and because it looks interesting.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

thanks for the heads up on this. got mine on order... (50 bucks, ouch!)

i also got a copy of "real to reel" after reading your review. i had been under the impression that it was dismal at best. but i'm very much enjoying it.

Pete Bilderback said...

I'm so glad to hear that I turned someone onto Reel to Real. I agree it is very enjoyable, despite it's bad reputation. The price on the Blue Thumb set is steep. I got mine yesterday, and will post a few impressions.