Thursday, November 01, 2007

A Post I Meant To Do...

I intended to write a post on a couple of tracks left off the Yep Roc reissue of Robyn Hitchcock's Black Snake Dîamond Röle, but I see another music blogger beat me to it.

Actually, I should thank 2fs at The Architectural Dance Society blog for posting the original version of "The Man Who Invented Himself" and its b-side "Dancing On God's Thumb" because I post on Robyn Hitchcock far too often anyway. As for "Mellow Together," some tracks deserve to be lost--proceed with caution.

2 comments:

Peter Hennig said...

Did you go for the vinyl version or CD?

Pete Bilderback said...

I went with the CD. You know how much I love vinyl, but I just couldn't justify spending the money, especially since I already have most of the stuff on vinyl already (as well as other CDs). Really only about 20 tracks in the set are new to me.

The packaging of the CDs is really nice though--replica LP sleeves.