Monday, January 21, 2008

The Feelies - Crazy Rhythms

See my update on this.

Good news! The Feelies first album, 1980's Crazy Rhythms, is being reissued by Water Records on February 5th. It's currently available for pre-order at Amazon and on some other sites.

According to the track list, it looks like the cover of "Paint It Black" that was recorded in 1990 for A&M's initial CD reissue of the album is included, but I can't vouch for that. Also no word on remastering, etc. Whatever the case, this is most welcome news. Crazy Rhythms was one of my favorite albums released in the 80s, and it's nice to see it back in print.

If you don't already own a copy, this is an essential purchase. I couldn't recommend this album more highly.

5 comments:

Peter Hennig said...

The first time I heard the Feelies was "The Boy with the Perpetual Nervousness" in the old WHFS days and went straight out looking for Feelies records!

A great one that stands the test of time.

Pete Bilderback said...

I was exposed to a lot of great music through WHFS. Someday I plan to do a post on it. The station got progressively (pun intended) worse as the years rolled by...(but then many people would probably say the same of me). For a while there though, the station was something really quite special.

MarkN said...

Wow, I love this album too. Was lucky enough to find the original edition of the CD at a used record store in Michigan about 14 years ago. Now I just wish that "The Good Earth" would be re-issued.

dan said...

The re-release no longer appears to be available at Amazon. Is something up?

Pete Bilderback said...

Dan, Thanks for picking up on that. In short, yes, I suspect something is up. I'll do another post, explaining more.