Wednesday, June 18, 2008

The New Seekers - Pinball Wizard



Yesterday I almost picked up a still-sealed copy of The New Seekers' 1973 album Pinball Wizards at my local Salvation Army. I passed on it because the Salvation Army was asking $2 per record. I just think $2 is more than you should have to pay for a record at the Salvation Army. That and--let's face it--I doubt I would ever listen to the album all the way through even once, and I only have so much space in my house. Watching this video was no doubt more entertaining, and as a bonus takes up less space and is free.

I guess it's not entirely fair to say I was acting on principle, if it had been another Verve album, say a still-sealed original pressing of The Velvet Underground & Nico with a still intact banana, I would probably have shelled out the $2.

This brings up another question that I am going to put to you, my readers. I recently came across a still-sealed copy of Telly Savalas' legendary Telly album. Usually this is the kind of camp stuff I would scoop up in a second. But the album was priced at $10, and the joke would seem a lot funnier if it only cost me $3. So I ask you (provided I can get the record store owner to knock a couple bucks off) should I buy the album and (of course) present one or two of the tracks here?

2 comments:

dan said...

I've had the distinct, er, pleasure of hearing the Telly Savalas album, or at least part of it. My then-best friend's sister loved the guy in his Kojack prime. All I remember is the "Who loves, ya, baby?" stuff, but that has to be worth $10.

Anonymous said...

if it was right you woulda done it straightaway.