Monday, June 29, 2009

R.I.P. - Sky Saxon

Farrah Fawcett wasn't the only person to have their death go less noticed than it should have been because of untimely demise of the "King of Pop." I was very sad to learn of the passing of Sky "Sunlight" Saxon this past Thursday. Saxon was a true rock legend, a man whose life and musical legacy deserve far more attention than they have received.

My friend Peter wrote a very eloquent post about Sky and his music here a couple of years ago, and the single biggest thrill I've gotten from running this blog came when the man himself, Sky "Sunlight" Saxon, posted his thanks in the comments section. I was truly elated to know that a legend like Saxon had stumbled across this humble blog.

My thoughts and prayers go out to Sky's loved ones and friends.

2 comments:

Scott Timberg said...

dont miss the youtube video of bettie page dancing to "i cant seem to make you mine"... unforgettable.

Pete Bilderback said...

Okay, I started watching at work, then I thought "this is the kind of thing I could get in trouble for watching at work, I better wait until I get home," then I thought "this is the kind of thing I could get in even more trouble watching at home."

Nice to hear from you Scott, hope you are well.