Thursday, November 19, 2009

File under WTF?

I've been getting a lot of weird spam emails like this one recently:

Hello,
This is Shiela from ThumbJointPain.net.
We stumbled on your blog while searching for Thumb Joint Pain related information. We operate the largest Thumb Joint Pain website featuring more than 30,000+ blogs. Our site averages 200,000+ uniques visitors per month. As a kind note We have featured your blog at http://ThumbJointPain.net/blog_awards/index.php?id=1216 We would be grateful if you could add the following details to your blogs main page.
Thumb Joint Pain
Looking forward for your confirmation.
Thanks
Shiela
ThumbJointPain.net.

I'm proud of a lot of things that I've done over the past 40 years, but this award from ThumbJointPain.net ranks considerably below the "participant" ribbon I got in a sack race I entered when I was six.

[Please don't follow the links above.]

3 comments:

Doug said...

Well, some of us now know that our blogs aren't even good enough for the Thumb Joint Pain people. (Ah, but maybe someday.)

A specious honor, perhaps, but one that not everyone gets.

I'm just saying'.

Pete Bilderback said...

Doug, don't take it too hard, I really think of you as more of an athlete's foot blogger than a thumb joint pain blogger. We all have our own niche to fill.

Scott Timberg said...

Excellent post, peter, you capture the random weirdness of the web just right!
Now excuse my while i tend to my thumb joint pain...