Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Velvet Crush - Teenage Symphonies To God Infomercial



Here is a rarely seen television commercial for Velvet Crush's 1994 Teenage Symphonies To God album. Or at least I think it's a commercial. Maybe it's just a music video for "Hold Me Up" made to look like a commercial for the album. The director certainly captured the look and feel of late-night cable commercials of the era. My favorite part is when the pop-up graphics proclaim "it's the Rhode Island sound!" This was absolutely one of my favorite albums of the 90s, and its still worth hearing today. Thanks to my friend Adam for pointing me to this video.

1 comment:

Dig Me Out Podcast said...

Check out a podcast review of Teenage Symphonies to God by Velvet Crush on Dig Me Out at digmeoutpodcast.com, a weekly podcast dedicated to reviewing lost and forgotten rock of the 90s.