Monday, January 17, 2011

John Gabriel Borkman at BAM


Marjorie and I went to Brooklyn this weekend to take in a performance of Ibsen's John Gabriel Borkman at BAM starring Alan Rickman, Fiona Shaw and Lindsay Duncan. That is a lot of acting firepower on one very small, intimate stage, and of course we had a wonderful time. After the show Marjorie was lucky enough to get her picture taken with Alan Rickman, who is very generous with his fans.

This is the first time we've ever both spent the night way from our kids (Marjorie's Mom was nice enough to visit us in Rhode Island to watch them). It felt a little weird pretending to be grown ups for the weekend.

3 comments:

Jeanne said...

What day were you there? I saw it Jan 15th. What were you two laughing at?? Good pictures

Pete Bilderback said...

We saw the matinee on the 15th.

anne said...

Heh ... when I saw the title here, I thought, "I don't know who John Gabriel Borkman is, but he sure looks like my secret celebrity boyfriend Alan Rickman." GASP!