Saturday, June 11, 2011

Electric Eden: Unearthing Britain's Visionary Music

Ever since I first heard Fairport Convention many years ago, I've been a fan of British folk and folk rock, especially the weirder stuff from the 60s. As such, I'm looking forward to reading Electric Eden: Unearthing Britain's Visionary Music while I'm on vacation. In the meantime, I've been listening to lots of Pentangle, Fairport, Vashti Bunyan, Incredible String Band, and even Dr. Strangely Strange in preparation.

My friend Scott Timberg interviewed author Rob Young for the LA Times as well as on his blog [you'll find a link to the Times piece on his blog]. I have to give Scott credit, his writing on the topic is much more intelligent and insightful than the shallow nonsense Bill Wyman (not the Stone) wrote for the New York Times.

1 comment:

wardo said...

Amazingly, my local library had this, and I've flipped through it. I imagine anyone into the English folk-rock scene would be drooling over this.