Tuesday, July 19, 2011

The Harrow & The Harvest (Before and After Coffee Staining)

This is what my copy of Gillian Welch's The Harrow & The Harvest looked like before coffee staining it this morning:


Here is what it looks like now:


As you can see, the staining gives the cover more of an aged look, but more importantly brings out the natural grain and beauty of the all cotton paper. I like that Gillian and David have left it to their fans to both complete and customize the artwork.

I did not have any Tanzanian Peaberry coffee handy, so I used a bit of extra Goya espresso that I brewed this morning. Since espresso is such a dark coffee, I added two parts water to one part coffee.

Did I mention the music yet? It's a fantastic album. I wish we didn't have to wait eight years for it, but it is beautiful.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I'm glad you went for it! The coffee stained cover looks sweet! I will hold my breath for the vinyl, but I think it'll be a while.