Thursday, February 02, 2012

Popes Reunion Show This Weekend In Chapel Hill

I just wanted to pass the word along that one of the bands I wrote about previously, The Popes, are having a reunion show this weekend.

The Popes will be playing their first live show in 20 years this Saturday, February 4 at Local 506 in Chapel Hill, NC.

As I said in my original post on the Popes:
Hi, We're The Popes neatly encapsulates everything that was fun, nice and good about late 80s collegiate rock, and if I wanted to explain what the whole thing was about to some alien ethnographer, I could do worse than simply hand them a copy of this EP.
I'm sure the show will be a lot of fun, and if I lived a little closer to Chapel Hill, I'd be there. If you're in the area, check it out, and please report back here.

Also, sorry for not having posted more lately. I've not been feeling particularly inspired to write lately, and Spring semesters are usually pretty busy for me. I've got a few ideas kicking around in my head, but so far they haven't materialized into posts.

5 comments:

david brower said...

There's some home movies out there on the interweb about the show:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=88XzkecDwng

Pete Bilderback said...

Thanks for sharing David. You know what's scary though? When I went to Youtube and watched this, the recommended "promoted video" that shows up on the right was "What's Next In Your Life" by the AARP.

Doug said...

Digressing here, but during the kerfuffle after this latest Super Bowl halftime show I couldn't help but think of your "Up With People" post and how they wouldn't have flipped off anyone on TV.

Pete Bilderback said...

Hey Doug, you are right, if the NFL had the good sense to bring back Up With People, they would not have to deal with any of this bad publicity.

Doug said...

Oh yeah, I should mention that I linked your Up With People post from last year in my post about this year's halftime show. Well, it's not so much about the halftime show but about what it wasn't, I suppose. Eh, anyway, seemed worth a heads-up.